April – 21st and 22nd ¦ June – 16th and 17th
Why Mental Health First Aid?
Mental health problems are common in Children and young people | We often discriminate against people with mental health problems | Children and young people lack the insight to realise they need help | Mental health problems interfere with the important task of adolescent development | The majority of us don’t know how to respond.
- Youth MHFA is a 2 day course and costs £300 per person.
To book a place on an up and coming course, please visit:
For more information about MHFA England, please visit: www.mhfaengland.org
Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Dates for your Diary:
Youth MHFA Course – Are you supporting young people aged under 18?
April – 21st and 22nd
June – 16th and 17th
Adult MHFA Course – Are you supporting people over the age of 18?
March – 22nd and 23rd
May – 19th and 20th
July – 14th and 15th
To generate a booking enquiry please visit: www.mhfaengland.org/profile/289