Whatever your involvement in children’s or family ministry there will be something for you over the weekend.
Time to connect with God, be refreshed and reflect on your ministry
• Through worship and Bible study in our main stage sessions. Paul Butler (Bishop of Durham) will be exploring two stories from the Bible as he speaks on Nurtured and Nurturing on Friday and Saturday; Lou Fellingham will lead us in worship as we Rejoice! on Saturday evening.
• Through opportunities for prayer, reflection and to encounter God during the optional session times on Saturday.
• With space in the programme for you to take time out – for a walk on the beach, a conversation with another delegate, exhibitor or speaker, or prayer with a member of our pastoral team.
Time to develop fresh ideas about your ministry with children and families
• Through the challenge from our final main stage speaker – Terry Williams (SU, Queensland Australia) to consider the need for information and formation if we want to see transformation.
• Through our programme of optional sessions with streams addressing family ministry, focused on the relationship between church and families; mission, focused on how we reach out to families and children in our locality; Holy Spirit, focused on ensuring a Spirit/Word balance in our ministry.
• Through the ‘deeper for leaders’ sessions –one within each of the three streams.
• Through the Additional Needs Alliance forum, incorporated within the optional seminar programme, which this year will address What happens at the top of the ramp? Getting the practicalities in place to welcome children with additional needs is only the first step. We will also explore and celebrate ways to recognise and encourage spiritual development.
• Through clinics, where you can book to discuss issues you may have with your children’s or family ministry with some of our team
Time to be resourced for your ministry
• Through Hands On workshops, including our Hands On Discovery afternoon on Saturday when local families are welcome to come along and you can join them in sessions seeing the theory in practice. This will conclude with a celebration led by Bob Hartman.
• Through our exhibition and shop areas where you can meet with many of the organisations and ministries resourcing aspects of children’s and family ministry with products, ideas and local events.