W hope that you’ve had an enjoyable Christmas and feel rested and rejuvenated for 2015.
These activities are normally only available to ROOTS subscribers but ROOTS has provided them free for you to try.
Every week in Children & Young People
• More ideas to help engage very young children
• Our brand new Young People page
• A downloadable Planning Sheet to help preparation
Every week in Adult & All Age
• Notes on the links between the lectionary readings
• To help the listener, background information and key points in the passage
• Presentation suggestions for both the Gospel and the Old Testament
• Online support: a children’s talk before they go into groups, and Pass it on to enable DIY discipleship
In both magazines
• Response activities marked to show which spiritual styles preferences they support.
• All the prayers gathered together for easy reference and selection.
You can see a sample week of the new weekly pages in both magazines for 1 February, which focuses on Jesus’s preaching and miraculous healing in the synagogue at Capernaum from Mark’s gospel.
You can use these ideas to enliven a simple pancake party, or go for the whole lot and have a children’s or all-age activity evening.
Explore the background to Lent, why we make resolutions, ideas for what you can do as an individual or church community, a fun quiz, games and races, as well as prayer and reflection.
ROOTS resources are published in two magazines – Adult & All Age and Children & Young People, plus a supporting website.
If you’d like a free sample magazine, phone 0845 680 5317, or email email@example.com to request a copy.