It’s thought that 1 in 10 young people will self-harm by the age of 16. When you meet that 1 in 10 will you know what to say? Would you know where to direct them for help? Would you know why it could be happening to them?
selfharm.co.uk is taking its training programme to Littlehampton, enabling smaller organisations and individuals to get involved where the in-house training may not be feasible. This training suits youth workers, teachers, counsellors and anyone else who has professional involvement with young people. The 6-hour programme will cover:
• An understanding of why young people self-harm
• Strategies for responding to a disclosure of self-harm
• Questioning skills with young people who self-harm
• Alternative coping strategies for young people who self-harm and the key steps to help them reduce their harming
• An opportunity to develop self-harm policy in-line with organisational requirements.
There are 25 places available. Numbers are kept at this level to ensure all delegates have ample opportunity to feel involved in the variety of activities and discussions offered.
The cost includes refreshments and delegate packs
This session runs from 9.30am (for a 10am start) until 4.30pm (lunch not included)
Click here for full details.